In your quest for photographic evidence that you’re a good parent, you’re likely to end up with an Instagram feed full of forest picnics (everyone was cold and miserable) and brightly colored craft projects (you spent two hours cleaning up). Now, we’re not saying that there’s anything wrong with that, but why make it so complicated? The compelling reasons you’re a great mom are the things you do on a daily basis.
These points are also included in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Print out this list and hang it where you can see it every day!
You’re a great parent because…
- You give your child food.
- You provide a home for your child.
- You protect your child from dangerous situations.
- You do everything in your power to make your child feel safe and secure.
- You teach your child the ways of the world.
- You let your child express their thoughts and feelings.
- You encourage your child’s interests.
- You strengthen your child’s self-confidence.
More about being a great parent: New mom? What I wish someone would have told me