Baby Carrier One
Ergonomic front and back baby carrier.
- – Ergonomic, soft and comfortable
- – Fully adjustable size and seat width
- – Long babywearing period, with facing-out and back-carrying too
Free ground shipping on orders over $35
Ships within 1-2 business days
Features and benefits
ERGONOMIC FRONT AND BACK BABY CARRIER
Baby Carrier One is a soft and ergonomic babywearing choice that makes it easy for you to give your baby the important closeness that strengthens your parent-child bond from day one. Choose whether you want to carry your child facing in (two height positions), facing out or on your back. The carrier has a sturdy waist belt and padded shoulder straps that relieve pressure on your back and shoulders and make it comfortable for you to carry your child as a newborn and up to the age of three. The flexible fabric lets you both see and feel that you’re carrying your newborn baby in a natural position. As baby grows, the carrier adjusts to properly support their hips, back, and neck at each stage of development. The built-in infant insert includes two height positions to ensure your baby is carried in the correct position, close to your face. Your baby should be close enough for you to kiss the top of their head. Your baby sits safely and comfortably – while you keep your hands free!
- 0-3 years (min. 8 lbs/ 3.5 kg Max. 33 lbs/ 15 kg & 21 – 39 in/ 53 – 100 cm)
- 4 front and back carrying positions
- Easy to clean, machine washable in warm water, hang dry
- Padded shoulder straps and waist belt for even weight distribution
- Grows with baby from newborn to toddler
- Certified hip-healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Built-in infant insert
- Flexible straps to fit parents sized XS-XL
- Easy-to-adjust head support
Note! When carrying your child front-facing, they should be at least 5 months and weigh a maximum of 26 lbs. For children between 8 and 10 lbs, the leg lifters should be used to reduce the leg openings. Always check that the newborn or baby height zipper is closed all the way before use. See additional safety instructions in the operating instructions.
For newborns and up to approx. 3 years. Min. 8 lbs/21 in (3.5kg/53cm).
When you carry your baby facing out, they should be at least 5 months old and weigh no more than 26 lbs/12 kg.
The leg straps should be used to reduce the size of the leg openings for children between 8-10 lbs (3.5-4.5 kg).
Always check that the newborn or baby height zipper is closed all the way to the end before use.
All materials meet the criteria for OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products. This means that they are kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste.
Cotton mix: Outer fabric: 60 % cotton, 40 % polyester. Lining: 100 % cotton. Padding: polyester and PU foam (straps)
Machine wash warm/40 °C. Wash separately. Use an eco-friendly, mild and bleach-free detergent. Do not tumble dry.
Tested and safe
Baby Carrier One complies with both European EN 13209-2:2015 and American ASTM F223 safety standards.
Buying a baby carrier from BABYBJÖRN
Baby carriers from BABYBJÖRN are easy to use and hold your baby in an upright position, thus ensuring free air passage, freedom of movement for your baby’s legs and arms, and good support for your baby’s neck and head. We develop all our baby carriers in close cooperation with medical specialists, such as pediatric orthopedists and neonatal doctors. Our top priority is to ensure that you feel safe and secure when you carry your child in a BABYBJÖRN baby carrier.
– Read more about babywearing and find answers to FAQs in our Babywearing Guide.
– Compare our different baby carriers in our comparison chart.
How to use
How do I use Baby Carrier One?
Our short instruction videos show you how to attach the bib and the cover, fold down the head support, roll up the baby carrier and move your toddler to the back carrying position.
What makes the new Baby Carrier One different from previous versions?
- The fabric is more flexible and lets you both see and feel that you’re carrying your newborn in a natural position with their back in a C curve.
- You can now select an even wider maximum seat area for your baby than you could in previous versions. The fully adjustable seat area means that you can adapt the seat width perfectly for your baby.
- The head support is higher, so it gives a newborn more protection and neck support and provides better support for an older baby who’s fallen asleep in the baby carrier. You can adjust the firmness of the support it provides.
- A new design that feels more like a big soft hug for you and your baby. The baby carrier is now more flexible, so babywearing brings you and your baby even closer.
Lightweight and easy to use, the carrier lives in my car and it's so simple to get Bub in and out. Very comfortable to wear.By KatieK from Newcastle, NSW
Fantastic carrier! Easy to use. Very comfortable and great quality! Baby loves it too!By ProudDad from UK
Our daughter Sophie B. instantly accepted Babybjorn carrier ONE - she falls asleep there quickly and adores that position can be changed.By Aistė M. G. from Netherlands / Lithuania
Real-life moments with Baby Carrier One
Tag your photo with @babybjorn and get the chance to be featured on our website. Read more.