Small, easy-to-use and super-soft baby carrier for newborns.
Free ground shipping on orders over 35 $
Ships within 1-2 business days
Features and benefits
- 0 - 12 months
- 7 - 24 lbs
- 21 - 30 in
- – Perfect first baby carrier for a newborn
- – Small and easy to use
- – Soft and flexible
Small, easy-to-use and super-soft baby carrier for newborns
Baby Carrier Mini is a small baby carrier that is easy to use for short babywearing sessions. It’s a lightweight version of the classic carrier, perfect for the early months when, like all newborns, your baby needs lots of closeness around the clock. Babywearing helps strengthen the bond with your little one, while you remain hands-free. You can easily unfasten the entire front section of the carrier to lift out your sleeping baby. Once your baby has grown a little, you can choose whether to use the facing-in or facing-out position. Your baby should be at least five months old before you use the facing-out position. The soft fabrics gently hug your baby’s back, legs and hips, and provide good support. You can check your newborn’s position and the natural curve of their back with your hands through the fabric.
Benefits of Baby Carrier Mini
- 0-12 months (min. 7 lbs/ 3.2 kg to max. 25 lbs/ 21-30in height)
- Carrying facing in from newborn to 12 months and facing out 5-12 months
- Easy to clean, machine washable in warm water, hang dry
- Fits all sized parents with adjustable back straps
- Grows with baby and has easy-to-adjust head support
- Super soft fabrics hug little one in healthy position
User manualBaby Carrier Mini (pdf)
Age and weight
Most suitable during your baby’s first months. Tested and safe for 0–1 years (min. 7 lbs/3.2 kg, max. 25 lbs/11 kg).
Your baby should be at least five months old and weigh no more than 24 lbs/11 kg to use the facing-out position. The leg straps should be used to reduce the size of the leg openings for babies weighing between 7 lbs/3.2 kg and 10 lbs/4.5 kg.
All materials meet the criteria for OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products. This means that they are kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste.
Baby Carrier Mini is available in three soft materials:
3D Jersey: Main material: 80% polyester, 16% cotton, 4% elastane. Shoulder straps: 100% cotton
3D Mesh: Mesh fabric in 100% polyester
Cotton: 100% BCI-certified cotton. Padding: polyester and PU foam (straps)
Tested and safe
Baby Carrier Mini complies with both the European EN 13209-2:2015 and the American ASTM F2236 safety standards.
Machine wash warm (40°C). Wash separately. Use an eco-friendly, mild and bleach-free detergent. Do not tumble dry.
Buying a baby carrier from BABYBJÖRN
Baby carriers from BABYBJÖRN are easy to use and hold your baby in an upright position that ensures free air passages, free movement of the legs and arms, and good support for the neck and head. We develop all our baby carriers in close cooperation with medical specialists, such as pediatric orthopedists and neonatal doctors. We are committed to ensuring that you feel safe and secure when you carry your child in a BABYBJÖRN baby carrier.
– Read more about babywearing and find answers to some FAQs in our Babywearing Guide.
– Compare our baby carrier models in our comparison chart.
How to use
How do I use Baby Carrier Mini?
Our short instruction videos show you how to adjust the size, attach the bib, lift out your sleeping baby, etc.
- How to use the facing-in position for newborn on Baby Carrier Mini
- How to use the facing-in position for baby on Baby Carrier Mini
- How to use the facing-out position on Baby Carrier Mini
- How to attach the Bib for Baby Carrier Mini
- How to attach the Cover for Baby Carrier on Baby Carrier Mini
- How to adjust the size on Baby Carrier Mini
- How to lift out sleeping baby from Baby Carrier Mini
What’s the difference between Baby Carrier Original and Baby Carrier Mini?
- Wider seat area. The seat area of Baby Carrier Mini is 4 in/10 cm wider at its widest part than the seat area of Baby Carrier Original. This means that Baby Carrier Mini gives better support to a newborn’s legs and hips in the facing-in position.
- New unique baby carrier materials. Baby Carrier Mini comes in three incredibly soft materials: Cotton, 3D Mesh and our new 3D Jersey. Our mesh and jersey materials are super-soft, ensure a good airflow, and are cool and comfy when you’re babywearing. Our baby carrier in satin-woven cotton is cooler, lighter and slightly more flexible around the seat area than earlier versions of our cotton baby carriers.
Real-life moments with Baby Carrier Mini
Tag your photo with @babybjorn and get the chance to be featured on our website. Read more.