Are you ready to be a part of the BabyBjörn Inc team?
We are looking for a Country Manager to build and lead our U.S. team, primarily focusing on sales, operations, marketing and brand management. Successful candidates will be driven by a strong commitment to BabyBjörn’s values and mission.
The Country Manager will have full Profit and Loss responsibility for the region while also hiring, training, and evaluating employees. The ideal candidate is a natural leader and premium consumer goods veteran that lives and breathes BabyBjörn’s business model, vision, and brand values. A successful candidate will have financial management discipline, experience from business development, and phenomenal operational & strategic skills including premium brand building and enhancement.
This role involves 50+ days of traveling a year, as well as participation in board meetings, and providing market specific needs and input to the product development team.
Teamwork, collaboration and communication are critical for this role. The Country Manager reports to the Regional Manager, North America, and they will work closely together. The position involves strategic planning, monthly forecasting, marketing activities, customer visits, campaign evaluations and planning for the future periods.
- Reach set goals in defined areas through brand-building & existing partnership-related actions
- Identify potential for increased sales, both through existing and new sales channels
- Plan and execute sales growth strategy (online and brick & mortar)
- Train sales team and key customers in BabyBjörn’s product ranges
- Participate in sales meetings in Sweden and elsewhere
- Connect with our BabyBjörn community, both online and in person
- Implement marketing strategy to support BabyBjörn’s sales goals in a way that follows and strengthens global branding efforts and marketing initiatives
- Maintain presence at relevant consumer and trade shows
- Ensure that BabyBjörn staff and customers follow the BabyBjörn Brand Books and guidelines for brand representatives
- Provide BabyBjörn head office (in Sweden) with market reports and updates on competitors, new marketing trends etc
- Manage inventory according to market demand
- Oder processing and local coordination with 3rd party warehouse
- Provide a 6-month rolling forecast to BabyBjörn AB (Sweden)
- Ensure BabyBjörn products are eligible for sale in the North American market by complying with all applicable laws and safety standards
- Customer and Consumer Service Operations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Belief in BabyBjörn and our products, culture, and approach to business
- 10+ years’ experience in premium consumer goods
- Upper level education in Management or similar (e.g. MBA)
- Must have held strong leadership positions involving staff responsibility
- Experience in both online and offline sales; preference for candidates with experience setting up online sales from scratch
- Proven track record of financial success within a global organization
- A positive and goal-driven attitude
- An understanding of the strategic benefit of aligning with our global vision and other markets, and an affinity to work in a collaborative nature
- Permanent U.S. work authorization