BABYBJÖRN® Feeding Spoon
Issued December 21, 2006
BabySwede LLC Recalls BABYBJÖRN® Feeding Spoons Due to Choking Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C.— The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC's Web site at http://www.cpsc.gov/.)
* About 33,000
IMPORTER / DISTRIBUTOR
* BabySwede LLC, of Cleveland, Ohio
* After extended use, the soft plastic tip on the feeding spoon can loosen and break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.
INCIDENTS / INJURIES
* No incidents have been reported in the United States. BabySwede has received 11 reports of the plastic loosening on the spoons in other countries. No injuries have been reported.
* The recalled feeding spoons were sold under the brand name BABYBJÖRN®, which is printed along the front side of the spoon's handle. The spoons were sold in one package containing two spoons. The spoons are about 6-1/2 inches in length, with a soft, flexible plastic tip sold in two color combinations: blue/red or green/yellow.
* Specialty juvenile product stores, catalogs and Internet sites from January 2001 through November 2006 for about $9.
* Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled feeding spoons and contact BabySwede LLC to receive a refund or replacement spoons.
* For more information, contact BabySwede LLC toll-free at (866) 424-0200 anytime, or by email.
* CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
* CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
News Release #07-066 from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
FOR CANADIAN RECALL
Canadian Recall in English
Canadian Recall in French