Information about volontary recall
Issued July 2009
BABYBJÖRN® Babysitter Balance and Babysitter Balance Air
NOTE: This recall does not apply to BABYBJÖRN® Babysitter 1-2-3
BabySwede LLC Voluntarily Recalls BABYBJÖRN® Babysitter Balance and Babysitter Balance Air to Inspect Seat Padding and Attach Updated Warning Label
WASHINGTON, D.C.— The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with the firm named below, announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
* CPSC: www.cpsc.gov
* Health Canada: www.hc-sc.gc.ca
* 6,468 in the U.S.
* 729 in Canada
IMPORTER / DISTRIBUTOR
* BabySwede LLC, of Cleveland, Ohio
* Small metal objects might be found in the padded area of the textile cover which could cause minor injury to parent or baby.
INCIDENTS / INJURIES
* No incidents have been reported worldwide.
* The Babysitter Balance and Babysitter Balance Air are infant bouncer seats sold under the brand name BABYBJÖRN®, which is imprinted on the molded plastic footboard of the babysitter. The Babysitter Balance is sold in four color combinations: Black/Red, Black/Silver, Brown/Beige and Dark Blue/Blue. The Babysitter Balance Air is sold in one color: White Air.
* Specialty baby retailers, mass merchants, online retailers and catalogs from September 2008 to July 2009 for about $169.95 for the Babysitter Balance and about $189.95 for the Babysitter Balance Air.
* Consumers should immediately stop using the Babysitter Balance and Babysitter Balance Air and contact BabySwede LLC for return instructions.
* For more information, contact BabySwede LLC toll-free at (866) 424-0200 anytime, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BABYSITTER IS AFFECTED?
The Babysitter Balance and Babysitter Balance Air have two distinct features:
The height adjustment mechanism has a red safety latch.
The footboard is molded plastic with the BABYBJÖRN® logo.
Frequently asked questions about the volontary recall.